Dear Valued Clients and Friends,
We wanted to take a moment to give everyone an update on how business is being conducted as well as Real Estate in general during these uncertain times. We know that unfortunately we cannot continue business as usual. By nature our day to day lives mean meeting people, it is the part of the job that we love most. However, social distancing is essential in the fight against COVID-19. We all need to do our part and luckily, we have the technology to do so. We already conduct a lot of our business through electronic signing and now instead of meeting face to face we are utilizing video conferencing.
Lots of you may have questions or concerns about your mortgage payment. We work very closely with the highly experienced team at Thrive Mortgage CO who have been very proactive in sending out information regarding deferring your mortgage, how it works and if is it the right thing for you. We have supplied some links below that may help answer some questions:
Should You Defer Your Mortgage? 3 Things To Consider
5 Steps To Defer Your Mortgage
Coronavirus Mortgage Resources: Mortgage Deferrals & Your Mortgage Questions
At a Brokerage level, our Royal LePage Wolstencroft office made the very tough decision to close its doors last week temporarily until this blows over. But no need to worry, the amazing Management and Conveyance team are all working remotely from home, keeping our business going and still servicing our clients in the same way they always have!
There are going to be some circumstances when we will need to conduct business in person, and we need to take measures to protect ourselves and you. If you are in a situation where you feel that you still need to view properties, there are things that we can do to protect ourselves and others when viewing properties.
- We will only view homes if you absolutely have to, for example, if you have already sold your home and you need to find somewhere to live, you will need to view homes, and we are here for you. We will take extreme caution and be using disinfectant wipes, gloves and hand sanitizer. This being said, homes will only be shown on a case by case basis.
- If you do not feel well STAY AT HOME! Any sniffles, aches, sore throat, no matter how mild, out of respect to us and the people around you please do as instructed and self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days. There are other ways we can show you the home.
- If you are viewing a home, please DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING! If you are curious what the closet looks like and the door is closed, leave it closed. We have gloves to provide however we are seeing a lot of homeowners not wanting anything touched in the home and we must respect that.
- If you do meet us in person please respect the social distancing, ensure we stay minimum 2 meters away at ALL times.
If you do choose to continue having viewings at your property, here are some things to think about:
- Consider having a box of disposable gloves readily available with a sign asking viewers to use them whilst touring your home. These are available to purchase on Amazon if you cannot find them in stores.
- Switch on all lights and open all doors to rooms, closets etc. so that no-one needs to touch door handles
- After the viewing, use disinfectant on the front and back door handles.
- On our side, we can request that Buyer’s Agents not allow their clients to touch anything inside your home, just simply walk around and look and of course ask if they have been experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms to stay home!
If you have an upcoming closing, we have probably already been in touch with you at some point. It is imperative that you get in touch with your lawyer and ask them to keep you updated with their situation. Don’t forget, you have to meet at your lawyers in person to sign. In these uncertain times, lawyers are working on measures to do this meeting remotely, however nothing has been passed yet. So we reiterate again, if you have a closing come up, please reach out to your lawyer or notary to ask for continued updates.
Lastly, in a time filled with so much negativity, we want everyone to know, especially clients, don’t be afraid to reach out. If you are receiving this email, most likely we have had a past relationship of some sort, whether we have shown you homes or had the privilege to work with you or your family to sell a home. We have most likely shared a number of laughs, stories and maybe even tears! (Happy ones of course). We feel like we get the great opportunity to get to know every one of you at a personal level, so don’t hesitate to reach out to chat, we are here for you especially during this time! Most importantly, take care of yourself, your family and take the proper precautions! We will get through this !
If you have any questions or concerns, call me at any time 604-789-2140. Thank you for your understanding and continued loyalty and support.
Garry Voigt Real Estate Group